Best Climbing Tree Stands Reviews
Going on a hunting trip is a lot of people’s life pleasure. Just nature all around you, fresh air, a lot of quiet, and let’s not forget the part where you get to shoot stuff. That is during the day. Mostly. Then, at the end of the day, you get to eat what you caught (if you did catch anything) and just enjoy a lovely evening with your buddies. You are away from all your troubles, in the middle of nature. In an age when everything is stressful, being in the middle of nowhere can really have a positive impact on your state of mind.
But it gets better. People have been perfecting the hunting game, and they actually managed to do extraordinary things. From high-velocity firearms to camo gear, everything is meant to help you while hunting. The latest thing I discovered, and I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes, is a climbing tree stand. I didn’t even know they existed until recently.
A climbing tree stand is an excellent hunting piece of equipment. Manufacturersoutdid themselves in their pursuit of the perfect tree stand, and amazing things resulted from that. Imagine this, you are in the woods, trying to hunt deer. The are very sensitive creatures with incredible hearing. What do you think are the chances for that deer to spot you in a tree? That’s right. Close to none.
The benefits of using a climbing tree stand
I don’t even know where to start. Like I said, I didn’t even know what they were a few months back, but now…let’s just say that it makes hunting easier and more enjoyable. It’s true that the price may scare some people away, but look at it as an investment. You will see a return on that investment pretty soon.
- Mobility – can you imagine climbing trees like it’s no big deal? Let’s face it. You are no longer in your 20s. Climbing a tree is not as easy when you are 40+. But a climbing tree stand makes all that easy as pie. All you have to do is strap the stand to a tree and get going upward. And changing trees is not as difficult as it may seem. The point is that you can be on the move, even if you are carrying around a 20 lbs piece of equipment. Trust me, it’s not as difficult as it sounds.
- Whatever it is that you are hunting will never guess that you are above. Animals don’t tend to look up unless they are rodents. And you are not hunting The climbing tree stand is ideal for hunting deer. Poor animals won’t even know what hit them.
- Avoid climbing tree gear theft – I know it sounds bad, but it happens. Not all hunters are of good faith. If you install a permanentstand, on your next hunting session, you may not find it there anymore. But the kind of climbing tree stands I am talking about provide excellent mobility, just like I said above. That means you can take it home and carry it around with you. They are lightweight, so heavy lifting is not in question.
- They are very easy to set up. It takes a couple of minutes. All you have to do is read the manual. And if you go for a high-quality climbing tree stand, then you’ll notice that it won’t make a sound while you install it. As I said, manufacturers really outdid themselves. And they keep getting better.
How to choose the best climbing tree stand
This one is not so tough. All you have to do is pay attention to details and determine what you need. You should be all set after that. However, if you are a newbie who hasn’t tried a climbing tree stand before and doesn’t know what to look for, here are a few key features that should be of interest.
- Weight – this is a very important Take into consideration the fact that you may be carrying that hunting gear with you all day long. Plus, you have other pieces of equipment. If you go for a climbing tree stand that is too heavy, you may have a hard time. Actually, I am sure you are going to have a hard time. Look for high-quality aluminum. Aluminum is lightweight, and if the quality of the product is superior, it’s going to be sturdy as well.
- Would you go for a model with a closed front, or with an open front? That is the handlebar in front of the seat. It’s more of a safety feature than anything else. But keep in mind that depending on what you are hunting, it may get in your way. So think carefully.
- Size – are you a light or heavy person? Capacity is also important. If you choose a climbing tree stand with a smallcapacity, then you may be falling from 30 feet. You don’t want that. So make sure that the stand is made to support your weight.
- The level of dB – when you are hunting you have to be quiet. Choose the wrong product, and the entire animal kingdom will know you are there. Some models are designed to keep the noise down to a minimum. Go for those.
- Safety features – maybe I should have started with that. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of security. You are climbing a very tall tree. Falling can be lethal. That is why you should analyze the safety features of the model you want. Look for the ones that come with full-body harnesses.
- Comfort – that may not be important to many, but I believe it is. What are the chances of shooting a deer just when you settled on your seat? You may be spending quite some time in the tree. You want to be comfortable, don’t you? Some climbing tree stands come with padded seats. It cannot hurt, can it? It’s not like you have to make an effort to carry it around. You won’t even notice it’s there.
What are the best climbing tree stands?
I cannot give you a proper answer. What fits me may not fit you and the other way around. What I can say is to put quality first. Always. High-quality means safety. Also, I can give you some suggestions. Here they are.
Summit Treestands Viper SD ClimbingTreestand
Summit Treestands provide high-quality climbing tree stands. I think I can go as far as to say that they are the best on the market. They perfected their products until they reached the top. Ask any hunter, and he will only have good things to say about their products.
As far as safety goes, you don’t ever need to worry. The stand comes with a full body harness that will keep you safe. Falling off a tree is not an option. The setup is very easy, you will be receiving a manual that will teach you how to do it step by step. The weight is somewhere around 20 pounds, which is not difficult to carry around. That is because the stand is made of high-quality aluminum. You don’t have to have the perfect physical fitness for this. After all, I think you’ve been hunting for a while, and you are familiar with the effort.
This climbing tree stand is the closed-front kind. You will feel safe sitting on the seat. Also, you can rest your gun on it. In this case, the bar comes in handy. The capacity is satisfactory. It can hold as much as 300 pounds. If you are heavier than that, then I advise you keep searching for the appropriate stand. Comfort is not an issue. The seat is foam-padded. You can sit there for hours, your back will not suffer.
Summit Treestands use a technology called DeadMetal. That means they achieved minimal noise. They got rid of that metal on metal sound that can give you away. It’s pretty hard to stay concealed when the stand makes an awful noise. The stirrups are very well engineered. You will be able to climb a tree in no time. The QuickDraw cable retention makes this climbing tree stand one of the fastest and quietest cable attachment ever manufactured. You don’t need pins, knobs, nuts or bolts. If you do the adjustments right, the cable will automatically lock into place. Simple as that. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Lone Wolf Treestands Climbing Tree Stand
This product is also quite popular with hunters, in particular with those who like to hunt with a bow. That is because it has no front bar and it comes with a bow holder. It’s an open-front climbing tree stand. It is very lightweight, with only 17.5 pounds. The metal it’s made of is aluminum, of course. It’s even lighter than the Summit I talked about earlier. Even if it’s lighter, it has a bigger capacity as well. The stand can hold a person who weighs 350 pounds. It’s only a 50 lbs difference, but it’s an improvement.
The seat is padded with foam, which makes it quite comfortable. Too bad that it may be small for some people. Carrying the stand around will be relatively easy, thanks to the backpack straps. You just fold it and carry it like a backpack. You will also receive a bungee strap. As always, safety is crucial.
You will not have a hard time setting up the Lone Wolf. It comes with a manual, just in case you’ve never owned a climbing tree before. It doesn’t make very much noise and getting it down is just as easy as the installation.
My one concern is that the bands that help you get up are made of plastic. The manufacturer guarantees that the plastic will hold, and so are the thousands of people who have already used the product. However, there is something about this aspect that bothers me. I can’t keep thinking that if you store it the wrong way the bands will suffer damage. But then again, I am not the expert. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Summit TreestandsMini Viper SD ClimbingTreestand
I know, I have a thing for Summit Treestands. I admit it. But that is because they are really good at what they do. This product is basically a mini version of the Summit product I described above. It weighs two pounds less, 18 lbs to be more precise, but is still able to hold a 300 pounds man. So as far as capacity goes, nothing changes with the mini version.
Just as the bigger version, this is a closed-front climbing tree stand. It’s just as comfortable because of the foam –padded seat with a backrest. It includes the body harness and all the necessary hardware for a safe installation.
It enjoys the same features as its big brother. A high-quality aluminum 5-channel platform frame, Dead Metal, and the sound deadening technology make this climbing tree stand one of the best there is. And let’s not forget about the QuickDraw technology and the rapid climb feature. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I think you guessed which one is my favorite. I will go with the Summit Treestands Viper SD Climbing Tree Stands. All the features make this product the best climbing tree stand there is. And most people agree with me. The people from Summit hit the jackpot with their flawless engineering. I can’t wait to see what they’ll release next.
I think it’s truly amazing that people are in a continuous search for perfection. Nobody may ever achieve it, but striving for perfection is way better than doing nothing. Hunting has come a long way since we used to kill animals with sticks and stones. And I don’t think that this progression will ever stop. That is what makes people amazing. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Here’s What I Know About Deer Hunting Stands
- What Does Deer Tree Stands Mean?
- Cheap Ladder Stands Options
- A Secret Weapon for Hang on Treestands
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Lightweight Climbing Tree Stands Before You’re Left Behind
- Top Cheap Deer Stands Guide!
- Tree Stand Blind Guide
- The Bad Side of Cheap Climbing Tree Stands
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Summit Deer Stands Before You’re Left Behind
- Buying Lock on Treestands
- Want to Know More About Cheap Tree Stands?
- The Importance of Lightest Climbing Treestand
- The Tree Stand Safety Harness Game
- Most Noticeable Lightest Climbing Tree Stand
- Unknown Facts About Tree Stand Climber
- What You Can Do About Best Tree Stand Beginning in the Next Four Minutes
- Hunting Tree Stands – the Story
- How to Find Climbing Deer Stand on the Web
- The Unexplained Mystery Into Tripod Deer Stand
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Self Climbing Tree Stand?
- Outrageous Treestands for Sale Tips
- Tree Climber Stand Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Climbing Treestand Ideas
- Ladder Stands – a Quick Outline
- Hunting Stands Explained
- Here’s What I Know About Climbing Treestands
- Vital Pieces of Deer Stands for Sale
- Deer Blinds Can Be Fun for Everyone
- What Does Ladder Tree Stands Mean?
- The One Thing to Do for Deer Stands
- What Climbing Stands Is – and What it Is Not
- The Hidden Facts on Tree Stand
- The Most Incredibly Neglected Solution for Climbing Tree Stands
- The Supreme Approach for Tree Stand Harness
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Tree Stands on Sale and What You Need to Be Doing Different